Tor View Further Education Department
The F.E. Department is situated at our purpose - built Ewood Campus on Clod Lane near the main school building.
It comprises of:
· A Chillax area where students are able to meet in break times to generally socialise.
· A kitchen area where students are able to make drinks and simple snacks and learn basic kitchen hygiene skills.
· Toilet and bathroom facilities which meet the needs of both able bodied and physically disabled students.
· A multi-sensory learning environment for students with complex needs.
· Four contemporary classrooms of varying sizes with ICT equipment and Internet access.
· Outdoor classroom where Horticulture is taught.
· Conference facility and on site Café which provides work experience for our learners
Transition to Further Education takes places at the end of Key Stage 4. Tor View Further Education Department accepts students from Tor View School and from other schools within Lancashire. We encourage prospective parents and students to make arrangements to visit the department prior to enrolment.
Non-prejudicial visits and consultation meetings take place to inform parents / students about the ethos and curriculum which is offered.
All students follow a personalised learning pathway. The individual needs of each learner are our priority.
Students study Functional Skills, Life Skills, Employability Skills and Vocational Studies.
Our learners are split by ability groups in to one of our four classes;
Next Steps (SLD)
Step On (MLD)
College Link (Inclusion class with ACROSS)
Students study English, Maths, ICT and PSD. These are taught via individual priority targets (Key Skills) and during specific subject lessons.
Where appropriate at the end of their leaving year students will take
Functional Skills Tests (English, Maths & ICT) at a level that corresponds with their ability.
Students study all aspects to prepare them for adult life. These include Community Skills, Home Management, Sports, Leisure and Religious Education. Students are taught in ability set groups so that the curriculum content can be managed to suit all needs.
Students study Employability, Enterprise and subject specific skills. The students choose from three options (Expressive Arts, Catering and Horticulture) they will dedicate two days of their time table to this vocation.
For more information please look at our Brochure.
At Tor View we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to shine. We provide the opportunity for our learners to showcase their talents through our in house theatre company and our learners work together to produce a show each year. This comprises of on stage roles and back stage, this gives our learners the opportunity to contribute to the best of their ability.
We currently accredit our courses with Open Awards. We offer accreditation from Entry Level 1 upwards. Gaining Accreditation and valuing students achievement is an essential part of attending Tor View’s FE department.