We believe young people who will benefit from the Across @ Tor View College Offer will:
- Be aged 19 or 20 years on 1/09/17;
- Have (or will have had) a full Statement of Special Educational Needs or hold a current Education Health Care Plan funded at Band E or above;
- Have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) falling in the range of severe learning difficulties or more moderate learning difficulties with additional needs that cannot be met in a local college.
Unfortunately, due to the need for students to complete work placements and spend significant time in the local community, it is not currently possible to meet the needs of students with the following daily requirements:
- Provision of a positioning timetable;
- Access to hoisted transfers;
- Access to a largely sensory curriculum.
However, in future it is hoped that the scope of the AccRoss @ Tor View provision can be widened and good practice can be shared with other local providers to enhance local college provision across Lancashire.