Welcome to ACCROSS @ Tor View
Our exciting and innovative college provision launched in September 2015. We are working closely with Accrington and Rossendale College (AccRoss) and Lancashire County Council to provide continuing education, independence skill development and work-related training for young adults aged 19 – 21 with special educational needs from our locality.
Our vision is, jointly with AccRoss, to create an educational hub at our new Ewood Campus that delivers personalised training and support to help young people with special educational needs to:
- Control their own lives and develop their ambitions
- Become valued employers, employees and members of social groups and communities
- Engage in meaningful work-related learning and develop their enterprise skills
- Get a job and live independently
- Secure the best possible post school outcomes
This provision will compliment provision on the ACROSS site and will involve students spending a large part of their working week in the local Rossendale/Hyndburn community.
If you require further information on the suitability of this course for an individual student please contact us:
t: 01706 214640
Student placements will be negotiated between AccRoss, Tor View and the Local Authority Transitions Team.